Yesterday I professed my love for Tennessee strawberries with my frozen strawberry yogurt. Today I need to profess my love for sweet Georgia peaches.
Oh my goodness is there anything quite as sweet as a Georgia peach?
Okay, that was cheesy, but for real I could eat pounds of them.
This recipe has just enough added sweetness with local honey (I'll have to write about my hive at some point) that there's no need to add sugar on top. I've seen so many baked peach recipes that add cups of sugar and that's craziness to me. Peaches are so naturally sweet!
If you make one peach recipe this summer this would be my recommendation. I promise you'll love it!
I hope ya'll enjoy them as much as I do! Just started packing for our beach trip and getting even more excited. Only two more days!
BAKED CINNAMON PEACHES
- sliced peaches (I used 7 medium sized)
- local honey
- Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Slice peaches (leave skin on)
- Place sliced peaches in a non-stick baking dish
- Drizzle honey over peaches (use as much as you want depending on your desired sweetness)
- Sprinkle peaches with cinnamon
- Cook at 400 degrees for 30-35 mins
- Top with a dollop of Greek yogurt